Developed while filming Island Feast, invoking island flavours and the right amount of spice. Perfect served with Thai style fish cakes, BBQ fish and grilled prawns. Great with tofu or any stir- fry.
Island Ocean Trout noodle stir-fry
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
4 x 150 gram Ocean trout steaks
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 teaspoons of Sesame Oil
2 packets of Udon Noodles
2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon of Mirin
1 x carrot, peeled and julienned
⅓ cup of julienned red capsicum
⅓ cup of julienned yellow capsicum
8 x mushrooms, stems trimmed and sliced thinly
12 snow peas, trimmed and cut into thirds
6 baby corn, cut into quarters
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2cm piece of ginger, skin removed, grated
2 cloves of garlic, grated
1 lime – juice of
Shallots – chopped
Coriander for Garnish
- Season the trout with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil a very hot frypan. Once oil is putting out a blue haze, cook trout for approximately 2-3 minutes each side. The trout should remain medium rare in the centre so be careful not to overcook.
- Prepare your vegetables and heat a wok over a high heat. Add the Olive Oil, followed by the onion and celery. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, apart from the snow peas and noodles, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until mushroom has cooked.
- Break up the udon noodles and add to the wok with sesame oil and and toss to combine before adding the Peter Kuruvita Pineapple Chilli sauce and snow peas. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the noodles are hot.
- Add the shallots and toss to combine before serving
- Place Ocean trout on top of noodles & drizzle a little more Peter Kuruvita Pineapple Chilli sauce on fish. Garnish with coriander